The role of the Centre for International Cooperation is to provide methodical support and give information and advice in a wide variety of fields. It coordinates MU activities in the area of international cooperation and oversees the university’s international links as a whole. The activities of the Office for International Studies cover three basic categories: mobility, projects and marketing.
With regard to mobility, the office is mandated by MU to set up and administer international exchange study programmes for students, teachers, researchers and administrative staff. The office also coordinates the preparation and running of English-language programmes for international students at MU.
The OIS also provides advice and specialised guidance in the preparation of international mobility projects offering a multitude of possibilities for internationalisation at the University.
In terms of marketing, the OIS pursues an active policy of contact with foreign universities and maintains many bilateral links involving mobility (mainly by regular attendance at the EAIE and/or NAFSA conferences) as well as promoting university study programmes for degree-seeking students (by attendance at higher education fairs in Europe and throughout the world).
The OIS also prepares and publishes promotional materials in order to promote the image of the university.
To sum up, the activities of the OIS can be divided into six fields:
- the promotion, establishment and maintenance of bilateral links with foreign universities
- international mobility (students, teachers and administrative staff or researchers)
- the preparation and running of English-language programmes (short-term and semester-long programmes e.g. TESOL, CESP and summer schools)
- consultancy and advisory services to assist with the preparation of projects in the Erasmus Lifelong Learning Programme and in other international programmes such as CEEPUS, Aktion, Eramus Mundus, Tempus, Jean Monnet, Comenius, Leonardo da Vinci, Grundtvig, etc.
- the promotion of MU at higher education conferences and fairs throughout the world
- activities carried out within the framework of international university networks, namely the Utrecht Network, the Compostela Group of Universities and ISEP)
Office for International Cooperation in Numbers
- We employ 21 personnel and 12 external assistants.