Poříčí 31 - Faculty of Education
Poříčí 31 – 1960s
The building was constructed in the years 1927-1929 according to the project of the architect Jaroslav Syřiště for the Czech Public Realschule in Old Brno. It had been serving for the needs of high schools since the end of the 1950’s, when it was regained by the Pedagogical Faculty of MU (Pedagogical Institute in Brno at that time) after the Pedagogical teacher training college was closed down. In 1977, the upper structure of the building (initially a three-story building) was completed. In 2006, a solar power plant was installed on the roof of the building; the solar power plant was in these days the biggest of its kind in the Czech Republic.