Poříčí 7 - Faculty of Education
Poříčí 7 – 1960s
The building was constructed according to the project of the technical department of the Moravian authority in the years 1914-1916 for the second German Public Realschule. It did not, however, serve its primary function; between the years 1916-1918 an army hospital was established there and, later, the Czechoslovakian military administration had its seat in the building. In 1919, it was assigned to the Women’s State Training-School in Brno, which, however, had to share the area with the old Brno Public Realschule. The Pedagogical Faculty of MU succeeded in gaining the building back for its use in 1946 (in the years 1930-1959 Higher Pedagogical College in Brno, 1959-1964 Pedagogical Institute in Brno). It has served as a dean’s office since 1946.