- Computer security incident management for the MU network.
- Semi-automatic processing of computer security incidents, immediate notification of responsible administrators, automatic reaction to important security incidents.
- Monitoring of suspicious activities in the MU network via port-scanning detection.
- Monitoring of suspicious activities in the MU honeypot network.
- Detection and prevention of SSH bruteforce attacks in the MU network.
- Identification of neglected computers in the MU network through a missing reverse DNS record check.
- Monitoring and elimination of computers from the MU network, infected with various kinds of malware, fed by organizations Team Cymru and Shadowserver.
- Elimination of copyright infringing works in the MU network.
- Acquisition, storage and analysis of MU network NetFlow data.
- Monitoring of active computers and volume statistics of traffic in the MU network.
- Monitoring of HTTP requests from the MU network.
- Development of web https://security.ics.muni.cz (Czech only) dedicated to increasing basic IT security knowledge of our ordinary users and to supporting IT administrators with tips and how-to articles and applications.
- Organization of one-time thematic seminars aimed at ordinary users.
- Development of new educational methods to teach ordinary users and to increase their IT security awareness (e.g., The Phishing at your own risk action - Czech only).
- Preparation of anonymized NetFlow data samples for educational purposes at the Faculty of Informatics, MU.