Printing in UCC
How to begin?
You can find a short guide to printing in UCC here. At present, there are two printers available (a colour one and a black-and-white one). You can start printing without attendance of anybody else. First, you have to deposit money to your personal SUPO account - at the money machine next to UCC attendant's office). Then you can send your document to selected printer. To start printing use your ISIC card at the card reader. Detailed descriptions below.
Printers of UCC
You can find the overview of printers that are at disposal under Start -> Tiskárny a faxy [Start-> Printers and faxes]. Three printers are the most important:
- BLACK-AND-WHITE: ups-server3.ups.ucn.muni.cz - CERNOBILY TISK - RICOH Aficio AP900 PS
- COLOUR: ups-server3.ups.ucn.muni.cz - BAREVNY TISK - RICOH Aficio MP C2800 PS
Greyscale printer: RICOH Aficio AP900 (set as default)
You can find this printer right next to the UCC attendants' office. Black-and-white print, set as default.
Colour printer: RICOH Aficio MP C2800
One of these printers is situated in front of the turnstile, second one next to the coffee machine. Colour printing.
Virtual printer. Used to convert documents to PDF format.
Principals of printing
- Deposit payment system is used. So the first think you have to do is to deposit sufficient amount of money to your personal account in UCC. The deposit can be deposit at money machine, which is situated just next to UCC attendant's office. If there is a sufficient amount on your account, you can start printing.
- Send the document/s to the printer you want to use. If you are not sure how to, detailed instructions are lower on this page.
- There are some principles you have to keep during printing processes: choose the form of your printings first. The printer will always only print the documents sent to the proper print queue (colour / black % white).
- You can control the printing tasks at https://pserver.ucn.muni.cz. Check carefully whether all tasks are given a status PŘIJATO [Accepted] or ZNOVU ZAŘAZENO [ranged again]. Task that shouldn't be printed must be deleted. Detailed descriptions how to work with web interface are given here.
- After you have checked the printing tasks carefully and you are absolutely sure about the documents, lock the computer and pass to the printers. If a message: Přilož kartu appears, apply your card - the printer is ready.
- Apply your ISIC card to the card reader to start printing. During the printing processes, information about actual document will be shown on the display.
- Finally, information about how many pages you printed and the final amount will be shown and deducted from your account.
Important notice for MS Word printing!
It is recommended to convert you MS Word documents to PDF format before printing them, due to non-standard behaviour of both printers. Use then PDFCreator virtual printer to convert and check you document, then send this PDF file to the printer.