Timeline

1919Classes at the faculty begin, František Weyr elected as the first dean
1928Foundation stone laying ceremony for the faculty building on Veveří Street
1932Ceremonial opening of the new faculty building
1939Faculty closed down by the occupying forces
1940Allocation of the faculty building to the Gestapo
1942Peak of persecution of the faculty’s teachers – professor Bohumil Baxa executed in Prague-Kobylisi, professor Jan Vážný tortured in Mauthausen
1945Faculty reopened
1945 Study programme of state accounting introduced at the faculty
1947First honorary doctorates at the faculty of Law awarded to Karel Engliš and František Weyr
1948Post-February purge at the faculty – nine teachers suspended, 27 students expelled from their studies
194946 percent of the students from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year expelled due to an initiative to verify student results
1950Faculty closed down
1956Reopening of the faculty fails
1969Faculty reopened
1980Research Centre of Economy and Non-Manufacturing Sphere Management established at the Faculty of Law
1990Gradual return of the faculty to the building on Veveří Street 70 (from Zelný Trh 2/3)
1990International Institute of Political Studies established at the faculty
1993First honorary doctorate since the faculty reopening awarded to Hynek Bulín
1994Reconstruction of the faculty amphitheatre; ceremonial unveiling of a sculpture made by Vladimír Preclík called The Code; memorial for WW2 victims, employees and the students from the faculty installed in the faculty vestibule
1996International Institute of Political Studies removed from the faculty framework