Timeline

1918First negotiations about the establishment of the Faculty of Education within the framework of the preparations for the law about Masaryk University
1945Issue of a decree from the country’s president concerning the education of teachers (Act no. 132/1945)
1946Faculty of Education at MU established, with František Trávníček as the first dean
1948 Naming of the first professors at the faculty
1950Distance learning for in-service teachers introduced
1953Faculty previously excluded from the university framework to become the College of Education in Brno
1959College of Education becomes the Institute of Education in Brno
1964Faculty of Education renewed
1977Studies reform – methodology classes for general education courses at secondary schools introduced
1982First honorary doctorate at the faculty awarded to Olga Danilovna Mitrofanová
1995Ceremonial opening of the first building built for the faculty at Poříčí Street 9/11
2005Solar power plant installed on the building at Poříčí Street 31