Where to file an application

The following text is an excerpt from the link to a new windowInformation for schools and students provided by the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic.

Applications for visas and residence permits for the purpose of studies may be filed at a link to a new windowCzech Embassy in the state of which the applicant is a citizen, or, if needs be, in the state that issued the travel document that the foreign national holds, or in the state in which the foreign national has a long-term or permanent residence permit.

Exceptions to the obligation to file for a long-term visa or long-term residence permit at the relevant local embassy are laid down by Decree No. 429/2010 Coll. A list of these counties can be found at the link to a new windowMinistry of Foreign Affairs web pages.

An application for a long-term residence permit following up on a long-term visa for the same purpose, or an application to extend the current long-term residence permit is filed at link to a new windowthe MOI offices according to the applicant’s place of residence.