Projects and Activities
MU libraries anually participate in projects and activities focused on library information services, digitization and development of digital libraries.
- Open Access Week at Masaryk University
Masaryk University joins Open Access Week (October 24-30, 2011) - a global event now entering its fifth year. Open Access Week is an opportunity for the academic and research community to continue to learn about potential benefits of Open Access, to share what they've learned with colleagues, and to help inspire wider participation in helping to make Open Access a new norm in scholarship and research.
- CASLIN 2011
18th international seminar on theme Centralized service or Union Catalogues reconsidered, held in June, 12-16, 2011 in hotel Santon near Brno dam.
Library project FRVŠ 2010. Aim to digitize most desired books from MU library collections and to make it available to users in form of 'electronic present loan'. Status: in process. Further information.
- FFdigi – Digital Library of Faculty of Arts Publications
Joint project of Library Information Center of the Masaryk University and Faculty of Arts MU. The goal is digitisation and on-line access to main publications of the Faculty of Arts since its foundation (volumes of all series of proceedings, book series "Spisy FF MU"). Status: in process.
- INFOZ Projects
Consortia projects from MŠMT program INFOZ – Information Sources for Research. Goal of the project is to support of purchase of key electronic information sources for research at the Masaryk University in the years 2010-2012. Status: MU libraries co-ordinate integration to following projects:
- Access to Information Source ProQuest Central (Elsevier-ScienceDirect, SpringerLink, Wiley/Blackwell-InterScience, Elsevier-Scopus)
- Key Information Sources for Engineering and Informatics (IEEE Xplore, DL ACM)
- Access to EBSCO databases
- Electronic Information Sources for Humanities (JSTOR, Oxford Journals, Cambridge Journals)
- Electronic Information Sources for Research in Economics (OECD Source, EconLit, GMID)
- Information Sources for Effective Research in Medicine and Psychology (Medline, Embase, BMJ Journals, Karger Journals, Evidence Base Medicine Reviews, LWW High Impact Collection, PsycInfo)
- VISK Projects
Projects of Ministry of Culture program VISK – Public Information Services of Libraries. Aim is retro-cataloguing of MU collections and improvement of library catalogue Aleph-MU functionality. Status: projects running in the year of 2011:
- Revision and Harmonisation of Masaryk University Union Catalogue Local Headings with the Authority Database of the National Library of the Czech Republic and Headings Co-operative Creation
- Retro-cataloguing of the Central Library of Science Branch Collections II.
- Retro-cataloguing of collections of the Masaryk University Campus Library
Digital Libraries and Services
Digitital library of MU photographs. Enables to organize, maintain, archive and display of collections of particular MU subjects. See http://dkf.ics.muni.cz/ .
Czech Math Digital Library. Developed and maintained with co-operation of Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and other partners. Aim is digitization, maintenance and access to the core of math literature published in Czech territory since 19. century up to present. See http://dml.cz/ a http://project.dml.cz/.
Citing and citation site. On-line service for generating citations according to ČSN norms and also for advanced maintenance of citations. See http://www.citace.com/ .