POSTDOC POSITION in Plant and Animal Ecology or Evolutionary Biology
Research into Ecological or Evolutionary Biology within one of the working groups of the Department of Botany and Zoology, Masaryk University, http://botzool.sci.muni.cz/en.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases in the categories “article”, “book”, “book chapter”, “letter” or “review”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or an author with a leading role stated in the article).
- have experience in one of the following fields: biosystematics and taxonomy, vegetation science, macroecology, Quaternary palaeoecology, evolutionary biology, molecular ecology, population ecology, behavioural ecology, ichthyoparasitology, hydrobiology, soil biology or mammaliology
- have experience with research projects
- have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate within a team
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- contact information for at least three referees
MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- possible tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and a pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a Welcome Service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March 2018.
The submission date is 28 January 2018.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries) by e-mail to Mgr. Soňa Hroudová at firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617