Associate Professor or Assistant Professor
Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
Associate Professor or Assistant Professor (full-time position)
- either the title “docent” obtained in Czech Republic, Poland, or Germany
- or Ph.D. and excellent publication record with the prospect of starting the habilitation procedure soon
- 5-year experience of university teaching
- relevant publications
- specialization in modern Chinese/Sinophone literature and/or the study of contemporary Chinese societies (incl. the continent, Taiwan, Hong Kong and the diaspora)
- The selected candidate will teach in English (or Czech, not required), in BA and MA programs (in the case of literature, also the basic course of Classical literature); tutor students’ theses, carry out research, and apply for grant.
- If the candidate does not hold the academic title “docent”, he/she is expected to prepare for the start of the habilitation procedure.
For information on the Department of China Studies Seminar, please visit:
Attachments to the application:
- a cover letter
- copies of documents relating to candidate’s education
- a structured curriculum vitae plus a summary of previous practical experience
- a list of published works
Application with all required documents should be sent by e-application available below. Electronic application deadline is: June 23, 2019.
We will send you a link to the e-application