Post-Doc Researcher in Economics in the area of macroeconomic modelling with emphasis put on dynamic stochastic models of general equilibrium (DSGE)
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
POSTDOC POSITION in the area of macroeconomic modelling with emphasis put on dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) models
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration at the Masaryk University in Brno is seeking to appoint a Post-Doc Researcher in Economics – area of macroeconomic modelling with specific aim to DSGE models. Potential candidates should have a background in development and identification of the DSGE models aimed at least at one of the following topics:
- incorporating modern concepts of financial frictions;
- current trends in labour market frictions (including modelling the impact of its alternative institutional settings including eg. minimum wage);
- current approaches in fiscal policy modelling;
- new approaches in the implementation of the shadow economy sector and its link to tax system settings.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in close research collaboration with existing research teams at the Faculty and participate in the seminars and conferences organised at the Faculty.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have a background in the macroeconomics, modelling and econometrics
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defense and the planned defense date (before start date it is necessary to complete PhD level)
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 01.09.2020.
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Enquiries related to the research in the area of macroeconomic modelling conducted at the Faculty (or other informal enquiries) can be sent to Daniel.Nemec@econ.muni.cz.
E-Application with attached documentation should be sent on-line from the MU webpage https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/52191.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application