POSTDOC POSITION in - Physical activity, healthy lifestyle in the context of aging or Digitalisation / information technology in sports training and physical activities or Environment and sport
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
POSTDOC POSITION in - Physical activity, healthy lifestyle in the context of aging or Digitalisation / information technology in sports training and physical activities or Environment and sport.
Field of research:
Research focused on:
- physical activity, healthy lifestyle in the context of aging
- digitalisation / information technology in sports training and physical activities (eg visualization, virtual reality, smart shoes, smart cities…)
environment and sport
(it is possible to change the field of research according to the candidate's focus)
Faculty of Sports Studies, Masaryk University
Postdoc will work in the modern Biomotorics laboratory, which is located in the new campus of Masaryk University in Brno – Bohunice, in the premises of the Faculty of Sports Studies
- Postdoc will participate on their own scientific research, including publishing related articles and technical texts in foreign impacted journals, together with his mentor from Faculty of Sports Studies.
- As a part of their expertise, they will contribute to education and the exchange of experience and scientific knowledge among postdocs and other members of the research teams at the Faculty of Sports Studies in the form of everyday interactions within practical research work and also on regular doctoral seminars and workshops of Faculty of Sports Studies, Masaryk University
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – at least two publication outputs in the last three years registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and simultaneously publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in field of Sport sciences, Public Health, Information technologies, Environment
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from June 2020.
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Please submit your application electronically / by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application