POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Social policy / Public policy / Social Work or in the Field of Media Studies or Journalism Studies
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
POSTDOC POSITION in the field of
Social policy/Public policy/Social Work or in the field of Media Studies or Journalism Studies
- Post-doctoral research position affiliated at Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University.
- Full-time contract (40 hrs / week) for 2 years
The applicant is expected:
- Carrying out research in one of the areas listed below as field of interest of Department of Socal Policy and Social Work;
- or, carrying out research in one of the areas listed below as field of interest of Department of Media Studies and Journalism;
- participating in existing research groups/projects;
- taking active part in publishing of research findings;
- the position does not include any teaching duties.
Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk university:
Masaryk university is one of the largest and most successful universities in the Central European region, profiling itself as an internationally recognized research and educational institution. Faculty of Social Studies is then a dynamic, internationally-oriented college with more than 200 scholars and with strong position in social sciences and research.
For further information visit https://www.fss.muni.cz/en/
Description Department of Social Policy and Social Work:
The Department was founded in 1994. It educates students in BSc., Master and Ph.D. programs in Social Policy and Social Work. The Ph.D. program is offered in English language too. Currently the Department consist of 24 scholars, 16 Ph.D. students and 2 administrative and project employees. The Department cooperates with distinctive international partners from Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom and other countries. The research activities are in general focused on social policy, public policy, organizational studies, social work and social care, including the field of:
- Governance of social policy and social work;
- Monitoring of social inclusion/exclusion and poverty;
- Analysing the impacts of demographical changes;
- Work-life balance and sustainable policy of care providing;
- Policy of migration and model of migrant’s integration
For further information visit https://spsp.fss.muni.cz/en
Description Department of Media Studies and Journalism:
The department is a research- and education-oriented department with international team of over 30 media scholars. Research groups working at the department focus mainly on following topics:
- children and youth and online technologies,
- current changes in the journalistic profession,
- media and political communication,
- media and political polarization,
- transformation of media audiences,
- trust in media.
For further information visit https://medzur.fss.muni.cz/en
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
- have experience in one of the fields fitting profiles of one the above-mentioned departments
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- the applicant’s citation report (WoS or Scopus, eventually other additional sources)
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: This position is available from the September 1, 2020 and the successful candidate can take up the position anytime from this date onwards, but no later than by the 30th November 2020.
The submission deadline is 28 February 2020.
Please submit your application electronically / by e-mail to email@example.com
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application