POSTDOC POSITION in Meta-Research in Public Health
- Czech National Centre for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Knowledge Translation – Faculty of Medicine
- 29 Feb 2020
- Start date
- March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Meta-Research in Public Health
The open post-doc position is focused on meta-research in field Public Health. Czech National Centre for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Knowledge Translation (CEBHC-KT), Institute Biostatistics and Analysis, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University stands on three international pillars: Cochrane Czech Republic, Czech CEBHC: Joanna Briggs Institute Centre of Excellence, and Masaryk University GRADE Center (https://cebhckt.med.muni.cz/en/). CEBHC-KT is mainly focused on methodology and conducting Systematic Reviews (meta-analysis, meta-synthesis) and Clinical Practice Guidelines, training in Evidence-Based Healthcare approach, Evidence Synthesis, GRADE methodology, and Evidence Implementation.
Mentor Dr. Miloslav Klugar is a director and co-founder of the Czech National Centre for Evidence-Based Healthcare and Knowledge Translation and its parts (Cochrane, JBI, GRADE); also Adjunct Associate Professor of Public Health at University of Adelaide.
Postdoc fellow will become a member of CEBHC-KT and all its three international collaboration. The main aim of this postdoc fellowship is the methodology and conducting systematic reviews in Public Health. However, postdoc fellow will be involved in all activities of CEBHC-KT, including for example ongoing projects “Czech national guidelines project”, COST Action „Evidence-Based Research“, ERASMUS+ project “SPIDER”; etc.; and preparation of project proposals within Horizon 2020. Postdoc fellow will also be involved in the organization of the Global Evidence Summit.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
- experience or knowledge in the field of Public Health or Research Methods
- knowledge of EBM, Systematic reviews and Clinical Practice Guidelines is an advantage
- excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in teams
- English of the level C1 is a requirement, other languages (German, Russian, Portugal or Chinese) are an advantage
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, recognition by the international research community, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020.
The submission deadline is 29th February 2020.
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application