POSTDOC POSITION in Molecular pathophysiology of diabetic complications
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Molecular pathophysiology of diabetic complications
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have experience in field of diabetic complications with deep interest in study of its molecular mechanisms (such as gluco- and lipotoxicity, metabolomics, organoids and other in vitro models namely in the context of diabetic kidney disease in T2DM)
- have experience in molecular biology/biochemistry methods and techniques
- bioinformatics and/or animal facility handling skills are a plus
- we will also consider scientists from other areas that will be able to contribute to this topic or bring in new relevant expertise
- communication skills and the ability to collaborate in teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020.
The submission deadline is 29th February 2020.
Please submit your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application