POSTDOC POSITION in Stem Cell Disease Modelling
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Stem Cell Disease Modelling
The candidate will join Stem Cell Disease Modelling laboratory, where his/her major project will be focused on modelling the heart failure associated with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The overall project objective aims at development of complex methodology to screen, grade and prevent further damages to the heart of patients suffering ventricular cardiomyopathy associated with the disease. It builds on our previous findings, that i) absence of dystrophin induces release of reactive nitrogen species damaging DNA in stem cell population, ii) DMD is associated with a wave of accelerated cardiac resident stem cells proliferation followed by their rapid depletion and iii) DNA damage induces change of fate and limited self-renewal in stem cells associated with stem cell population reduction. The candidate will model the DMD using pluripotent stem cell (patient specific and CRISPR-CAS9 edited) derived cardiac resident stem cells and cardiomyocytes.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have defended a PhD thesis in cell biology, molecular biology, or similar fields
- be skilled in modern molecular biology techniques
- ability to design experiments and work independently
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March/April 2020 or upon agreement but no later than by 30th November 2020.
The submission deadline is 29th February 2020.
Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/