POSTDOC POSITION in Plant and Animal Ecology or Evolutionary Biology
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Plant and Animal Ecology or Evolutionary Biology
Description: The postdoc will be involved in research at the Department of Botany and Zoology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University. The specific field of the research include biosystematics and taxonomy, vegetation science, community ecology, macroecology, Quaternary palaeoecology, evolutionary biology, molecular ecology, population ecology, behavioral ecology, ichthyoparasitology, hydrobiology, soil biology or mammaliology.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”
- be a specialist in one of the following fields: biosystematics and taxonomy, vegetation science, community ecology, macroecology, Quaternary palaeoecology, evolutionary biology, molecular ecology, population ecology, behavioral ecology, ichthyoparasitology, hydrobiology, soil biology or mammaliology)
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in international teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 1 May 2020 (the exact starting date is negotiable).
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Please submit your application by e-mail to Ms. Soňa Hroudová (firstname.lastname@example.org). A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about: