POSTDOC POSITION in Virtual Geographic Environments
The Department of Geography at Masaryk University (http://geogr.muni.cz/homepage), in collaboration with the Center for Experimental Psychology and Cognitive Sciences (CEPCoS), is hiring one Post-Doctoral Researcher focusing on areas such as Virtual Geographic Environments (VGEs), immersive learning, or cognitive issues in spatial information visualization. The postdoc will be working in a multidisciplinary team (involving geographers, cartographers, psychologists, and information science specialists) addressing a range of topics. Example topics may include empirically validating the use of VGEs across the academic spectrum; designing the interface and visualization for emergency management decision making and/or indoor navigation; and exploring scientific foundations of VGEs.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have experience and skills related to the quantitative and qualitative evaluation of immersive technologies, including statistical processing and interpretation of experimental data;
- have experience with research projects (an advantage);
- have excellent communication (English) skills and the ability to collaborate in teams;
- experience in the design of experimental evaluations of immersive technologies;
- basic programming skills and/or application development (game engines such as Unity3D) is not mandatory but would be a plus.
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research projects, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from September 2020
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Please submit your application electronically / by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
We will send you a link to the e-application