Programmer / IT Specialist
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position
PROGRAMMER / IT SPECIALIST
Workplace: RECETOX and Loschmidt Laboratories, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week, or part-time contract
Expected Start Date: negotiable
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020, or until the position is filled
Loschmidt Laboratories at Masaryk University are looking for a motivated candidate for the position of programmer / IT specialist to join the bioinformatics team. The research group is involved in the development of software tools which support the research of cancer, Alzheimer disease and stroke. See more: https://loschmidt.chemi.muni.cz/peg/software/
- Development of frontend and backend of web applicationsin structural bioinformatics
- Coopeartion in workflow design and testing
- Involvement in architecture design and technology selection
- Tutoring of BA and MA students
- Cooperation with computational biologists
- Secondary school or university degree in IT
- Experience with React and Spring Boot preffered
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit and SmartGWT appreciated
- Knowledge of MariaDB/MySQL, Docker, Jenkins, TypeScript, Git and Linux advantage
- Communicative knowledge of English / Czech not necessary
- Willingness to learn, independence, reliability and team spirit
- Full-time or part-time contract
- 6 weeks of paid leave, sick days, meal vouchers, training and development offers, flexible workinng hours
- Cooperation in international team
- Vibrant working environment at SCI MUNI, access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
- Online applications: https://www.muni.cz/o-univerzite/kariera-na-mu/volna-mista/56213 until 31. 8. 2020. (Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org - Dr. Jitka Sedláčková)
- Selected candidates will be invited to an interview
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: email@example.com, Lenka Helclová.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
We will send you a link to the e-application