A part-time (24 or fewer hours a week) Assistant Professor/Assistant to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Business Basics, Principles of Management, and to do research in this area
In accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
a part-time (24 or fewer hours a week) Assistant Professor/Assistant to teach key courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy: Business Basics, Principles of Management, and to do research in this area.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching some lectures and seminars within key Czech and English courses ensured by the Department of Corporate Economy;
- supervising Bachelor’s and Master’s theses;
- research activity, including participating in or running research projects and grants; and
- publishing activity, preparation of scientific articles for international journals.
What do we require?
- A completed PhD or commenced studies in a doctoral study program in Business Economics and Management or or in a related area;
- publishing results in Management od Business (mainly publications in journals with high impact factors and journals included in Scopus);
- English and Czech at a minimum level C1, the ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English;
- experience in participating in research projects;
- teaching experience;
- the ability to work in a team;
- interest in academic careers and fulfillment of conditions for habilitation procedures within 4-7 years after commencing employment or after completing doctoral studies;
- several years of experience in business management or with one's own business as an advantage;
- a research agenda relevant internationally, with at least active participation in international scientific conferences and workshops abroad, including presentation of the applicant’s own research results;
- international contacts and working experience in international teams as an advantage; and
- long-term experience of studying or working at a university outside the Czech Republic and Slovakia as an advantage.
What do we offer?
- Interesting, autonomous, and responsible work in the environment of a prestigious university;
- a professional team and agreeable working environment;
- employment benefits (e.g., meal voucher contributions, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contributions, vaccination contributions, free access to Masaryk University library services);
- opportunities for education and professional development;
- opportunities for an internship abroad;and
- a 3-year employment contract with the possibility of prolongation.
What to include in applications?
- A complete professional Curriculum Vitae;
- an overview of publishing activities over the past 10 years in the following structure: monographs (B), articles listed in the Web of Science and Scopus (Jimp|Jsc), chapters (C) – applicants will highlight those publications that are relevant to the position;
- a list of research projects the candidate has lead or participated in over the past 10 years;
- a list of citations to the applicant’s publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (not in WOS), other (not in WOS or Scopus);
- an overview of teaching experience;
- proof of an internationally relevant research agenda;
- a cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Corporate Economy (approximately 1 A4 page); and
- a copy of a diploma or other relevant qualification.
Expected commencement of employment: 1. 1. 2021 or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 1. 11. 2020 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/58174 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number 549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.
We will send you a link to the e-application