A full time (40 hours a week) Assistant Professor/Assistant for research and teaching in the area of economics or economic policy
- Department of Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
- 31 Jan 2021
- Start date
- 01.04.2021 or later
Department: Department of Economics; Faculty of Economics and Administration; Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic
Deadline for applications: 31.1.2021
Start-up date: 1.4.2021 or later
We are looking for:
a full time (40 hours a week) Assistant Professor/Assistant for research and teaching in the area of economics or economic policy
Are you interested in research? Do you like teaching? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, you are the person we are looking for. Become part of the Department of Economics at Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- Teaching bachelors and masters courses in economics and economic policy;
- Supervising bachelor’s and master’s theses;
- Pursuing promising research in the field of economics or economic policy;
- Successful academic publishing and applying for research grants.
What do we require?
- A completed Ph.D. in economics, economic policy, or closely related area; or graduation expected by the end of July 2021;
- Research potential in economics or economic policy; especially welcomed are candidates with research backgrounds in transport economics or empirical microeconomics or macroeconomic modeling (department research strongholds);
- Teaching experience and knowledge of e-learning. The teaching is an integral and essential part of the position;
- International relevance/visibility of applicant's research (citations, participations in international projects; participation in international workshop and conferences)
What do we offer?
- 3-year contract; with possible prolongation and subsequent tenure track;
- One of the best salary conditions in Central and Eastern European universities;
- The environment of a prestigious university; friendly working environment; employment benefits; opportunities for professional development and internships abroad.
What to include in applications?
- Cover letter including a vision for the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Economics;
- CV including a list of publications, citations, research projects, international relevance/visibility and teaching experience;
- Copy of a diploma or other relevant qualifications; and
- Recommendation letter (optional).
Should you find the position interesting, send your application, including all the documents, by 31. 1. 2021 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/59594 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact Zdeněk Tomeš; head of the Department of Economics (email@example.com)
We will send you a link to the e-application