Department Head for Department of Pediatric Neurology
- Department of Pediatric Neurology – Faculty of Medicine
- 23 May 2021
- Start date
- upon agreement
Director of the University Hospital Brno and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position a Department Head for:
Department of Pediatric Neurology
Department of Pediatric Neurology is a medical, educational and research institution of the University Hospital Brno and the Faculty of Medicine of MU. The subject of KDN's activities is the care of pediatric and adolescent patients with the whole spectrum of neurological diseases. It is a highly specialized workplace primarily for the comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy, neuromuscular diseases and neurodevelopmental disorders, especially autism spectrum disorders. In epileptology, epileptosurgery and neuromuscular disorders, the clinic has the status of a European Reference Center (ERN) and a national centre, providing specialized medical services not only for patients from the Czech Republic but also from abroad. He has a strong profile in pediatric clinical electrophysiology and developmental neurology. In addition to medical services, the clinic carries out extensive undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research work.
The Department Head position candidate must be a respected expert in Pediatric neurology, with experience of working in a given area and with expertise in pre-graduate and postgraduate education.
The Head of the department will be responsible for the management of the clinic, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the clinic. The Candidate for Department Head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- University education in general medicine or equivalent education acquired abroad;
- Eligibility to pursue the profession of physician in the relevant field in the EU (in accordance with Section 5 of Act No. 95/2004 Coll.);
- Academic degree PhD or scientific rank of CSc;
- Habilitation within the meaning of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education, or a prerequisite for achieving it within three years;
- Active knowledge of the Czech language;
- Personal and professional requirements for managing the medical and academic team of the clinic;
- Teaching experience and readiness to guarantee vocational subjects taught at the workplace;
- Scientific and publishing activities in the given field;
- Moral integrity;
- Fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); does not have to document persons born after 1 December 1971 and applicants from abroad.
- Work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary cooperation;
- Work in a top medical and educational workplace, involvement in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- Professional growth and the possibility of continuing education;
- Motivating financial remuneration;
- Supplementary pension insurance and other benefits.
Applications together with
- a structured CV
- an overview of scientific and publishing activities
- photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas
- a criminal record
- certificate according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (only Czech applicants born before 1 December 1971)
- recommendations by two professional guarantors
should be sent to the Faculty of Medicine's HR department through e-Application (see below). For more information, contact Ing. Ivana Janáčková at 549 49 5730 or e-mail email@example.com.
We will send you a link to the e-application