The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021, or until the position is filled
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Research topic and job description
We are looking for a motivated candidate for the research team Chemodynamics of Environmental Pollution (https://www.recetox.muni.cz/vyzkum/lide/doc-branislav-vrana) to provide research project tasks in the field of chemical analysis of trace organic pollutants in environmental samples.
The scope of your work will be especially
- technical support for laboratory and field studies
- work in the laboratory - preparation of samplers for international monitoring campaigns
- work in the laboratory - processing of environmental samples for the analysis of trace organic substances
- ensuring the logistics of the international monitoring network - communication with partners in the international monitoring network, sending, receiving and registering samples
- processing the results of chemical analyzes for the purpose of reporting to the information system www.genasis.cz
- cooperation in the validation of sample preparation methods
- Entering consumable orders into the system for the needs of the research group
- Occasional assistance with field sampling of surface, wastewater and indoor environment
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Dr. Branislav Vrana, firstname.lastname@example.org , +420 549 494 975
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- University / high school education in the field of chemistry or natural sciences
- Knowledge of working in a chemical laboratory and safety rules for handling toxic substances, good knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory, preferably in a laboratory with an established quality system
- English at the level of daily communication with team members, e-mail communication on sample logistics and understanding of instructions in English
Beneficial to have/know
- The advantage is the willingness to learn, independence, reliability and the ability to work in an international team. An initiative approach to acquiring knowledge and skills.
- A group B driver's license.
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern laboratories
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
- We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended)
- The advantage is recommendation letter.
- A motivation letter
The deadline for applications is on 31 May 2021. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: email@example.com, Barbora Chlubná.
Applications which are not submitted in English, Czech or Slovak language will not be included in the selection process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
We will send you a link to the e-application