POSTDOC POSITION in Metals in Implantology
- Monika Pávková Goldbergová Research Group: Metals in Medicine – Faculty of Medicine
- 28 Feb 2023
- Start date
- 1st July 2023 or by agreement
- Job type
- Job field
- Science and research
Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Metals in Implantology
The Laboratory of Materials in Medicine at Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, led by Prof Monika Pavkova Goldbergova, provide a multi-disciplinary team that is focused on basic and applied research in the field of metals used in implantology and nanostructures (nanoparticles and nanostructured surfaces) and their effect on the organism, especially at the cellular and tissue levels.
The fellows’ responsibility would include the analysis and interpretation of data from multiple assays, including genomics, methylomics, proteomics data, and data on toxicity. The overarching goal is the elucidation of the biological mechanisms driving healing and immune processes to improve metal incorporation.
The candidate will develop research protocols, carry out experiments, collect, analyse, and interpret data, and have the responsibility to communicate progress and results clearly and effectively both within the laboratory and through presentations and publications. This position provides interdisciplinary training in a research environment that links bioengineering research from ideas to potential prototypes with the medical practise and clinical application. The ability to communicate across disciplines is crucial. Also assistance in guiding junior researchers and graduate students is expected. The successful applicant is highly motivated, collaborative, and has demonstrated the ability to independently complete research projects.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years,
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad,
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) listed by the Web of Science.
- have experience in field of biology, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or a closely related field,
- have experience with research projects (an advantage),
- have excellent communication skills and teamwork.
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area,
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment,
- initial appointment for 2 years,
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions,
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment,
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement.
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023.
Please submit e-application below.
The application should include:
- a CV including a list of publication activity,
- a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions),
- a short description of research focus and topic which the candidate will work on, justification of the need considering the field,
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or phd diploma from a foreign institution.
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
We will send you a link to the e-application