POSTDOC POSITION in Neuroelectrophysiology
- Markéta Bébarová Research Group: Excitability and its Disorders – Faculty of Medicine
- 28 Feb 2023
- Start date
- 1st July 2023 or by agreement
- Job type
- Job field
- Science and research
Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
Adequate excitability is a basic parameter determining the physiological activity of the nervous tissue. Increased and decreased neuronal excitability can thus have a significant impact on the function of the nervous tissue and is the basis of a number of neuropsychiatric diseases including epilepsy, schizophrenia, and neurodegenerative diseases. Our research group is working at the Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic; https://www.med.muni.cz/o-fakulte/organizacni-struktura/pracoviste/fyziologicky-ustav/vyzkumna-skupina-markety-bebarove) and is currently explicitly focused on the Alzheimer´s disease and epilepsy (including the role of miRNA in its pathogenesis). For the study of changes in neuronal excitability, functional analysis of various nerve tissue preparations will be performed (especially 2D neuronal cultures, patient-specific hiPSC-derived neuronal organoids, or human/rat brain slices, including those coming from the extirpated brain samples of patients during neurosurgical therapeutic interventions) using multielectrode array and whole cell patch clamp techniques.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) listed by the Web of Science
- have experience in field of cellular electrophysiology (patch clamp and multielectrode array techniques) and/or neuroscience (an advantage)
- have experience with the slicing of vital tissue (using vibrating microtome) and with the cell/tissue cultivation (an advantage)
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and teamwork
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement.
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023.
Please submit e-application.
The application should include:
- a CV including a list of publication activity
- a diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions)
- a cover letter
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution
- reference letters from the previous supervisor/s is/are beneficial) and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
We will send you a link to the e-application