POSTDOC POSITION in Cell Signaling
- Pavel Krejčí Research Group – Faculty of Medicine
- 28 Feb 2023
- Start date
- 1st July 2023 or by agreement
- Job type
- Job field
- Science and research
Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
in Cell Signaling
Postdoctoral position is available in laboratory of Pavel Krejci, to study various aspects of Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) signaling in disease. Current focus is on non-canonical FGF signaling pathways, differential signaling of FGF-receptors, and development of treatment for skeletal dysplasias caused by aberrant FGFR signaling. While our primary interest is the FGF pathway, projects on the entire RTK family are also running in the lab.
More about our research:
- Science Translational Medicine. 2021;13(592):eaba4226.
- EMBO Molecular Medicine. 2020;12(11):e11739.
- PNAS 2019;116(10):4316-4325.
- Science Signaling. 2018;11(548). pii: eaap8608.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years or receive a PhD by the position start at July 2023
- be a researcher who has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last 3 years at least 3 publication outputs (“articles”) above the field median (at least 2 of them in Q1) listed by the Web of Science
- Candidate should have a strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology or cell biology. Experience with growth factor signaling is advantage but not required.
- Candidate should clearly demonstrate early signs of success, i.e. excellent command of the field, with strong track record for the career stage
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from July 2023 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 28th February 2023
Please submit e-application below.
The application should include:
- scientific CV
- diploma (recognition for diplomas from foreign institutions)
- short description of past research focus
- documents proving the candidate has worked at least 2 whole years in the last 3 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or PhD diploma from a foreign institution
A review of applications will start immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
We will send you a link to the e-application