POSTDOC POSITION in Molecular Cancer Biology
- Stjepan Uldrijan Research Group – Faculty of Medicine
- 31 Jan 2024
- Start date
- April 2024, with flexibility based on your availability
- Job type
- Job field
- Science and research
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Cancer Biology
Join Our Dynamic Team at Masaryk University’s Medical Faculty.
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Dive deep into the biology of cancer cells by joining Stjepan Uldrijan Research Group. We're on a mission to decipher molecular mechanisms controlling the oncogenic ERK signaling in malignant melanoma cells and contributing to melanoma resistance to targeted therapy. Our recent breakthrough findings have the potential to translate into new, more efficient treatment options for this aggressive cancer.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Recent PhD Graduates: If you’ve earned a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field within the last seven years, we’re looking for you.
- International Experience: We value global perspectives. Candidates should have spent at least two years outside the Czech Republic in the past three years in biomedical research.
- Solid publication record: a minimum of three original research articles published in the last three years (listed by the Web of Science, with IF above the field median, at least two of the articles in Q1).
- Skills & Qualities: We seek individuals with a background in molecular cell biology and cancer signaling, excellent communication abilities, fluency in English, and a passion for independent research.
Why Masaryk University?
- Dynamic Working Environment: You’ll be part of a growing university area buzzing with innovation and research advancements.
- Comprehensive Support: From administrative to project assistance, including help for your family’s transition.
- Work-Life Balance: Enjoy flexible working hours in a city known for its vibrant culture and welcoming atmosphere.
What We Offer:
- An initial two-year appointment.
- Innovative Research Environment.
- State-of-the-Art Techniques: Immerse yourself in diverse methodologies, including confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, expression profiling, proteomics, and more. Hone your skills and contribute to groundbreaking work.
Collaborative & Supportive Community: Our team values collaboration and innovation, providing a nurturing ground for scientific growth.
Include these in your application:
- CV with a publication list.
- Contact information for three senior scientists.
- A motivation letter, a Ph.D. diploma.
- A brief but substantive description of your research focus and the specific topic you intend to investigate. Justify the relevance of this research within the field.
- Documentation of your international experience.
Starting Date & Application Details:
Commencement: The position is ready for you from April 2024, with flexibility based on your availability.
Deadline: Apply by 31st January 2024
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, contact Mgr. Stjepan Uldrijan, CSc. by e-mail: email@example.com
We will send you a link to the e-application