Scholarships programmes for students from Ukraine (The calendar year 2022)
In response to the alarming situation in Ukraine, Masaryk University (MU) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports launched a scholarship programme for students from Ukraine. Admitted students can start their studies at MU as soon as it will be possible at chosen faculty and program.
Academic year at MU & Adaptation programme in spring and summer 2022
The Academic year 2021/2022 at Masaryk University has started in September 2021 and it consists of two semesters: autumn semester (September–January) and spring semester (February–June).
Although MU is currently in the middle of the spring semester, students from Ukraine can start studies at MU right after acceptance, regardless semester start or in the new academic year 2022/2023 starting in September.
Students with the language barrier apply as well, MU prepared an adaptation programme for spring and summer of 2022 (courses in Czech language, intensive summer schools of Czech language etc.) awarded with 20 ECTS credits. After finishing this adaptation programme students should have a B2 level in the Czech language and they should be able to start their studies in the new academic year 2022/2023 (starting on 12 September 2022) without any language problems.
Participation & financial conditions
- The applicant must be a citizen of Ukraine.
- The scholarship programme is intended for students who:
- Apply for MU after 24th February 2022
- Have temporary protection for citizens of Ukraine fleeing armed conflict in Ukraine
- Scholarships are intended for Ukrainian students to study in full-time study programmes at Masaryk University (i.e., bachelor’s, master’s and PhD programmes taught in Czech, English, German etc.)
- A short-term exchange stay is also possible.
The scholarship provides up to 11,800 CZK per month (approx. 480 EUR/month), depending on the length of the intended stay. The maximum grant per student is 118,000 CZK per calendar year.
Study programmes and faculty information
Listed below are links to websites of all faculties of Masaryk University with specific information on the admission process. Applications can be submitted from 15 April 2022 until 31 May 2022 through MU Information System.
Faculty websites with admission details:
Application & application deadline
Application is submitted online via the Information system of MU. Students will fill in this information in the online application, according to the faculty of interest.
Things good to have prepared:
- Basic information about the applicant (name, address, contact details, etc.)
- Proof of the temporary protection for citizens of Ukraine
- Information about previous studies in Ukraine (university, information about study fields, information about finished semester)
- Information about language skills (f. e. B2 in English etc.)
- ID or passport copy
- Optional information and documents (preferably in English or with an English translation):
- ID or passport
- Confirmation of Studies
- Transcript of Records with a visible GPA
- doctoral students might send their research proposal
- some faculties may require also ID or passport copy or secondary school certificate or transcript of university/college studies (please see the instructions in MU Information System when filling in the application)
MU evaluates applications in waves, and the results of the application process should be known on a short-term basis. Applications can be submitted from 15 April 2022 until 31 May 2022 here.
Every application is evaluated individually by the faculty representatives.
Useful links for citizens of Ukraine
- Masaryk University helps Ukraine – information on help that MU offers to Ukrainian students and academics, f.e. interpreting into the Czech language, accommodation etc.
- Information from the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic
When can I expect the result of my application?
Every application is evaluated individually by the faculty representatives in waves, so the sooner applicants apply, the sooner you may get their results.
When can I start my studies at MU?
Depend on faculties, set up by individual process and students' possibilities.
When will I get the first scholarship?
Once are students accepted, they need to open a bank account in the Czech Republic and upload the account details into the Information system. Soon after that, the scholarship may be paid.
Write at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Always mention the MU faculty of your interest.