Doctoral degree inor form. The language of instruction is Czech.
The programme can be studied only as a single subject.
Admission to Doctoral degree programmes in 2023/2024 (beginning: Autumn 2023)
Submission deadline until midnight 30 April 2023.
The objective of the study programme is to provide scholars, researchers, stakeholders, curriculum developers and motivated educators with high quality scientific training. Research can be conducted in the following areas:
- content and aims of geography curriculum, exploration of its intended, realized and achieved forms;
- principles, trends, actors, factors, processes and outcomes of geography education in broader socio-cultural contexts;
- education and professionalization of geography educators at all levels and types of schools and other educational institutions.
“Geography education for a better world.”
As part of their studies, PhD students participate in the practical training of students of bachelor and master study programmes (seminars, bachelor and master theses supervision) and other professional activities. It is not an exception that students of doctoral studies work as geography teachers or educators directly in practice at different levels and types of schools and out-of-school facilities. An indispensable part of dissertation theses is also the determination of implications or recommendations for practice resulting from the results of dissertation research.
Graduates can find their occupation as:
- expert teachers at all levels and types of schools and other educational institutions;
- researchers at universities, educational research institutes and other national and international research institutions;
- university educators – educators of geography teachers;
- quality consultants in geography education;
- developers and evaluators of both formal and informal curricula, textbooks, atlases and other learning materials;
- developers of the conceptual frameworks in the field of geography education.
|Provided by||Faculty of Education|
|Type of studies|
|Standard length of studies||4 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|
|Doctoral board and doctoral committees|
Do you have any questions?
Send us an e-mail
doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D.