The study programme is focused on utilising the knowledge of geology in state administration and local authorities. Contrary to the research-oriented study programme of Geology, it primarily emphasizes the relations with state administration and the legislature in geology. Its combined form is suitable especially for those employees of environmental departments and departments dealing with the protection of nature who want to complete their tertiary education.
Bachelor's study programme of Geology provides integrated tertiary education in geological disciplines. Its goal is to educate the graduates for the follow-up Master's study programmes and enable them to make qualified choices for shaping their professional profile through several follow-up Master's study programmes of Geology. Studies in this programme include basics of individual geological disciplines. The courses aimed at shaping graduates' professional profile include general geology, palaeontology, historical geology, regional geology, mineralogy, petrology and geochemistry. Geological practical landscape training and professional practice are parts of the study plan for the programme.
A successful graduate is able to
- explain and use principal geological terminology
- recognize principal minerals, rocks, fossils and structures
- popularise facts about geological issues and selected areas
- analyse the legal dimension of geological issues, interpret results of geological research in relation to administrative adjudication and present the information in written and oral form
- independently study scientific literature written in Czech or foreign languages
- apply common methods of landscape research and laboratory practice and process obtained data using
- present results of the analyses of landscape and laboratory data in written and oral form
Graduates can find employment in environmental departments, in departments dealing with the protection of nature, in administration od protected areas and in companies whose task is to prepare groundwork for solving environmental issues.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Administrative Geology
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
a) TSP or
b) Special Test or
c) TSP and Special Test
The study is in Czech languague only.
Succes in TSP is not based on study of literature. Last tests are available on http://www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp
Results of Learning Potential Test or Special Test