A three dimensional structure of molecules, topology of electron density, supramolecular structure and intermolecular interactions are key factors determining the chemical and physical characteristics of organic, inorganic, and natural compounds as well as biological activity of drugs. A detailed knowledge of supramolecular complexes and dynamics of systems are crucial prerequisites for understanding the biological activity of compounds as well as understanding and predicting the function of novel materials.
The mission of this unique programme is to educate top graduates with a very good knowledge of advanced structural methods, including magnetic resonance and X-ray diffraction in combination with theoretical methods of molecular modelling and quantum chemistry.
A successful graduate is able to
- master theoretical foundations of all chemistry disciplines
- understand the electronic structure of molecules and intermolecular interactions
- handle computational technology and work with chemical information sources
- handle dangerous substances
- write reports on the results of his/her work and present the results at scientific meetings
- perform advanced structural analysis of molecular and supramolecular systems both in liquid and solid phase using sophisticated structural methods with support of molecular modelling
- independently interpret experimental and theoretical data and support scientists of other fields (e.g., synthetic or material chemistry, pharmacy) in science and production
- understand and follow ethical guidelines of scientific work
Graduates of Structural Chemistry master theoretical and practical skills that allow them to work in academic sphere at universities, technical universities, and Academy of Sciences institutes. They are prepared to work in commercial institutions in research, development, production and control. Graduates of this programme will find their jobs in a wide range of professions requiring a specialist university education in the field of structural analysis of drugs, metabolites, and nanomaterials.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Structural Chemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
Written exam on the bachelor exam level (only in Czech).
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance exam.