The Economic Policy study programme provides an excellent foundation and overview of theoretical and applied economics. Graduates can use and develop the acquired knowledge in the long-term, depending on the current labour market conditions and their employment.
During the study programme, students learn the possibilities and limits of economic policy. They learn how to analyse and predict economic developments, especially in terms of the current problems in the Czech and European economies. For a thorough understanding of current and historical economic developments and economic policies associated with it, students are guided through the historical development and the latest achievements of economic thinking, taught how to use simple but effective tools for quantitative analysis, and are provided with understanding both theoretically and through facilitated analysis and discussion of the fundamental historical current events that have influenced and changed the world’s economic development and its perception. The accuracy of the estimated growth rate of the economy is addressed. Students learn the beneficiaries and casualties of inflation as well as the introduction of the euro or its cancellation. They learn the real source of wealth, and many other less noble but useful facts.
A successful graduate is able to
- understand basic econometric tools and quantitative methods for economic analysis
- show fundamental comprehension of problems of economic policy
- present, write reports, and discuss in English and another world language, both in general and economic terminology
- explain and elaborate basic theoretical and methodological knowledge of general economic theory
- explain and elaborate the basic theoretical and methodological knowledge of general economic theory.
- comprehend basic economic consequences of EU membership especially from the macroeconomic point of view
- work in governmental and non-governmental organizations in analytical or managerial positions
Graduates have a complex knowledge of how economics work as a whole and the importance of focusing on particular subjects such as firms and households. Graduates are able to work in those areas that require a deep understanding of the theoretical and practical fundamentals of micro- and macroeconomics: in economic policy, analysis-focused functions, national and regional administration, public and private corporations, economic journalism, consultancy, publishing, etc. Graduates can work in national and regional authorities in EU institutions, the banking sector, academics, consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
|Faculty||Faculty of Economics and Administration|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Economic Policy
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Social Studies
Media Studies and Journalism
Public Policy and Human Resources
Security & Strategic Studies
At the two-field combination, which is a branch of the ESF MU placed under the partnership program akreditovný MU faculty, candidates will be recruited on the basis of admission to the faculty of the parent program, ie. Study on the ESF MU entrance exam will be.