Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education
The programme aims to prepare lower secondary school teachers in the general field of technical education and information (a combination of two qualified subjects) as part of the educational fields People and the World of Work and Information and Communication Technologies identified in the Framework educational programme for elementary education. The progamme provides students with integrated knowledge and skills from the field of Technical and Information Education and its didactics, pedagogical and psychological disciplines with the support of current research findings, the skill of reflection on the teaching process at the appropriate types and levels of education, the skill of self-reflection on the teacher's role and acceptance of the moral commitment and ethics of a teacher.
A successful graduate is able to
- expand their basic theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the fields of technical education (working with technical materials – wood, metal, plastic, electronics and electro technique), information science, pedagogy, psychology etc.
- properly apply different teaching approaches, assess the appropriateness of the teaching methods and justify their use
- be ready to evaluate students' learning outcomes
Potential occupations of graduates include:
- teacher of all subjects of a technical and informational nature at lower secondary school set up under the RVP in the educational field People and the world of work (Work with technical material, design and construction, World of work, Operation and maintenance of the household, Work with laboratory equipment, Use of digital technologies)
- teacher of all subjects of information technology at lower secondary school set up under the RVP in the educational field of information and communication technologies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Education|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education
Combinations with fields of Faculty of Education
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education
BASICS OF HUMAN SCIENCES
Applicants will take a test covering the field "Basics of Human Sciences", detailed information here (Czech only).
Conditions and criteria for admission to studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Education, MU are made public on the PdF website http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium.