Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in German Language and Literature
The aim of the Master’s degree study programme in German Language and Literature Teaching at Secondary Schools is to prepare qualified and competent teachers of German language and literature who are comprehensively educated for teaching at secondary schools where German is taught as a foreign language. Another goal of the study is to develop and deepen the knowledge and skills the students obtained in the previous studies, especially with respect to the philological reflection of language and literature in broader context of history and culture. Student acquire a comprehensive knowledge as well as practical competence in pedagogical and didactical disciplines, enabling them to effectively apply their knowledge in education.
A successful graduate is able to
- work as teacher of German at secondary schools and other language-teaching settings
- explain problematic language features and phenomena of German with respect to language teaching
- present relevant information about the literature, culture, and history of the land and people of German-speaking countries
- perform receptive and productive tasks based on texts in German and Czech
- translate texts from and to German
Graduates find positions at secondary schools of various types and orientation as well as in special language schools where German is taught as a foreign language.
They can work in positions involving individual creative tasks and requiring cultivated language.
|Faculty||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in German Language and Literature
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.