Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language and Literature
The aim of this Master’s degree study programme is to prepare highly qualified and competent teachers of Russian language and literature who are thoroughly prepared to teach in secondary schools where the Russian language is taught as a foreign language. Another aim of the study is to extend and deepen the knowledge and skills that students acquired during their Bachelor’s degree studies and to prepare Russian studies philologists with a broader Slavonic background who will be able to use their broad expert knowledge effectively in their professional career in teaching and education. A significant part of this study programme is a continuous and systematic psychological, pedagogical, and methodical preparation of students for their career in teaching.
A successful graduate is able to
- plan, prepare, give, and evaluate lessons in the Russian language in secondary schools.
- use the knowledge and competencies obtained in their study of theoretical and practically oriented disciplines which emphasize a broader basis of teaching theory, psychology, and social science, as well as the connections between the theories
- use a broad professional adaptability based on the study of pedagogical, psychological, philological, and historical-culturological disciplines
- search, critically assess, and adequately use various information sources, which helps them react flexibly to changing work requirements
- use existing methodical aids in education and create their own; use various teaching techniques with confidence
- analyse the needs of concrete groups of students and choose supplementary and motivational activities effectively
This study programme is designed so that the graduates could easily find employment in teaching the Russian language in secondary schools and universities, in language schools, at courses provided by employers for employees who are sent abroad (mainly the Russian Federation and the countries of the former Soviet Union), in self-employed teaching for individuals or groups; in preparing and organizing Russian language courses, and in creating textbooks, coursebooks and methodical materials for a broad range of Russian language teaching.
|Faculty||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Russian Language and Literature
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.
Department of Slavonic Studies – study information:
Additional information about this field of study (in Czech):