Applied and Environmental Geology
The study programme of Applied and Environmental Geology is designed for those who plan to work in different geological companies of applied science.
The Bachelor’s study programme of Geology offers a complex higher education in geological disciplines. Its goal is to prepare graduates for the follow-up Master’s degree programmes in Geology. The curriculum of the Bachelor’s study programme of Geology covers the basics of geological disciplines. The profile subjects are General Geology, Paleontology, Historical Geology, Regional Geology, Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry. An integral part of the study is practical training in the field and field work. Participants will be trained in geology-archeology and geoscience environmentalistics.
A successful graduate is able to
- explain and use basic geological terminology
- recognize principal minerals, rocks, fossils and structures
- use principal geological research methods including documentation of geological outcrops and exposures, sampling, data processing etc., with a focus on skills in applied fields
- solve particular geological problems, interpret the results of their research and present them in written and oral forms
- use the theoretical knowledge of geological sub-disciplines
- study literature, process the data and interpret them creatively
Graduates will find employment in the companies of applied geology (exploration, mining and quarrying, prospecting and ground water protection, geomechanics, geoconservation,etc.), at universities, cultural institutions, environmental institutions and in state administration.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Applied and Environmental Geology
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
a) TSP or
b) Special Test or
c) TSP and Special Test
Succes in TSP is not based on study of literature. Last tests are available on http://www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp
Results of Learning Potential Test or Special Test