Joint Master Programme in International Relations: Europe from the Visegrad Perspective
This joint Master degree programme in international relations is carried out within the framework of the VNDREAM network, which consists of Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland), Masaryk University (Czech Republic), University of Pecs (Hungary) and Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica (Slovakia).This joint Master programme offers a unique opportunity to study international relations, European politics, economy, society and culture from the perspective of the Visegrad region. Experienced faculty of the leading universities from the Visegrad region as well as visiting professors and guest lecturers from renowned international academic and diplomatic institutions provide insightful and inspiring instruction about major developments in contemporary international law, economics, politics and culture in light of the European integration processes seen from the standpoint of the Visegrad region.
A successful graduate is able to
- apply theoretical knowledge in praxis on the problems of Central European politics, international relations, and intetrnational organisationsh vztahů a mezinárodních organizací
- explain political processes in contemporary Central Europe
- analyze influence of Central European countries in regard to the solution of global problems
As a graduate holding the program’s joint diploma, you will be a highly qualified specialist ready to pursue employment in areas dealing with the Central European region and in international relations at large, in areas from state administration, NGO sector, via enterprise and political management to academia.
|Faculty||Faculty of Social Studies|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||english|
Field combinations with Joint Master Programme in International Relations: Europe from the Visegrad Perspective
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
Applications are to be sent to Jagiellonian University in Krakow - see the website with detailed information: http://visegradstudies.eu/admissions/ The program is designed for all students who hold university degree equivalent to a bachelor education or higher in humanities, social sciences, economics and law with excellent knowledge of English and outstanding motivation. Candidates will be admitted to the program upon evaluation of their written applications.
The Admission Committee (both universities) evaluates the above mentioned documents. Maximum of 100 points with the passing level being set at 60 points. The relevance of the criteria:
- Academic merit of the application 40 points max, including
- grades identified in the transcript of records: 20 points max.
- relevance of the subject area of previous studies to the subject area of the programme 5 points max.
- academic record of the candidate, including publications, participation in conferences, academic associations, academic mobility, scholarships: 15 points max.
- Non-academic activity related to the subject area of the programme, including internships and activity in public institutions whose activity is related to the subject area of the programme : 20 points max.
Full information and application link here: http://visegradstudies.eu/admissions/