Bioanalyst - Specialist in Laboratory Methods
The follow-up two-year Master’s degree programme of Bioanalytics – Specialist in Laboratory Methods prepares university graduates who are experts in medical laboratory branches like Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Haematology, Immune-Haematology and Blood Transfusion Service, Medical Microbiology, Medical Immunology, Medical Genetics, and Pathological Anatomy pursuant to the Regulation 39/2004. The graduates will be prepared to apply their knowledge to solving expert problems in their future jobs in different types of medical laboratories.
A successful graduate is able to
- perform the specialized laboratory examinations and screenings
- introduce new analytical methods including their optimization for the purpose of internal quality checks and inter-laboratory comparison
- participate in the data evaluation both for economic purposes and research activities assessment of the given laboratory
- understand the accreditation processes of clinical laboratories with respect to national standards and requirement of the ISO norms of ISO 9001:2008 and 15189:2013
- implement in their work the principles of the good laboratory practice (GLP)
The graduates of the Master’s degree programme of Bioanalytics – Specialist in Laboratory Methods are qualified for work in a particular regulated profession - in clinical laboratories of different hospital types (in accordance with the national legislation - Act No.96/2004 Coll., Section 26). Therefore this follow-up Master's degree programme obtained the accreditation of the Czech Ministry of Health.
Moreover, graduates can solve independently some problems of research projects in the areas of biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, clinical biochemistry, environment, and other branches. They can work in laboratories of research departments and universities, or clinical and inspection laboratories in healthcare, veterinary research, pharmaceutical companies, and in the branches of industry dealing with biochemical technology. Some graduates can continue in the doctoral degree programmes. Having obtained knowledge in economics and marketing the graduates can also work as sales representatives in pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Bioanalyst - Specialist in Laboratory Methods
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
This study field is possible to study only in Czech language.