Information Technology Security
This study programme gives the student a thorough knowledge of security in computer systems and networks, of cryptography and its applications. The study covers subjects from coding and theoretical cryptography to management techniques for IT and its security. The primary emphasis is set on preparing such a graduate who will be able to work in different roles critical for supporting IT security - a specific profiling, e.g. oriented more towards cryptography, technological aspects or security management, is decided by the student. This study programme focuses on areas of security in computer systems and networks, cryptography and its applications. The aim is to prepare such a graduate who will be able to work in a variety of roles critical to ensure the security of ICTs – specific profiling (e.g., toward cryptography, technological aspects or security management) beyond a common basis of the study programme is left to the choice of the student.
A successful graduate is able to
- understand the principles and architectures of common computer and communication systems;
- judge interdependencies and relations between system functions and components;
- design security solutions for selected systems;
- reflect system, business and ethical values, which are considered by parties involved/impacted and which impact system components when solving problems with/by computer and communication systems.
Graduates will work in different roles critical for IT security – specific specialisation (cryptography, technological aspects or security management) is chosen by the student.
|Faculty||Faculty of Informatics|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech, english|
Field combinations with Information Technology Security
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
For application process, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
- Electronic application and paying the application fee 400 CZK,
- Certified copy of the Bachelor Diploma or some other higher education diploma. Diplomas whose original language is not English or Czech should be accompanied by an official English language translation, stamped and signed,
- Official college transcript completed for a Bachelor degree programme with evaluation and subjects annotations (Diploma Supplement).
All application materials (originals or certified copies) must be in Czech or in English.