German Language for Education
The main objective of the Bachelor's programme is to prepare professionals (both for German as a single field of study, and for German in combination with other fields) who have achieved high proficiency of language skills (B2 in language production and C1 in language reception according to CEFRL), profound and well-structured knowledge in language disciplines, literature in German, culture and institutions of the German speaking countries as well as the basics of methodology of German as a foreign language.
Along with the knowledge in general disciplines of pedagogy and psychology, students build up a foundation of skills and knowledge during the Bachelor's degree for performing the profession of assistant teacher of German at primary and lower secondary schools and in further occupations in the area of education.
A successful graduate is able to
- Graduates have acquired language skills in German at level B2/C1 and can use them efficiently in everyday communication
- Graduates can describe and explain the system of language in contrastive perspective
- Graduates can describe and explain the literary and cultural heritage of the German speaking countries, they have achieved text interpretation skills and understand fiction and non-fiction in appropriate contextual frame
- Graduates have practiced methodological training in teaching German as a foreign language that are appropriate for assistant teachers
- Graduates have achieved complex unversity education in the area of basic education, focused on teaching foreign languages
Skills graduates acquire in the fields of their Bachelor's studies provide them with full qualifications to work as assistant teachers of German at primary or lower secondary schools, or at language schools and in special and practical education. They can also take on jobs is free-time centres, in after-school clubs (specialized in language activities), or in public service or in the private sector, especially as experts equipped with high proficiency language skills.
|Faculty||Faculty of Education|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with German Language for Education
Combinations with fields of Faculty of Education
The applicants will take the Learning Potential Test (in Czech language!) http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium/test-studijnich-predpokladu.
Conditions and criteria for admission to studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Education, MU are made public on the PdF website http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium.
You can receive more detailed information on this programme at the Department of German language and literature of the Faculty of Educaiton, MU, from the website of the Faculty (www.ped.muni.cz), or the website of the Department (www.ped.muni.cz/wger).