Russian Language for Education
The main focus of the study of Russian Language with a view to Education is preparing an expert in the Russian language, literature, history, facts about Russia and the foundations of didactics focusing on educational activities and education where full teaching qualifications are not required. Classes are held predominantly in the Russian language.
Teaching in the combined Bachelor's degree combines attendance and
distance learning, i.e. learning takes place through educational blocks, consultations and individual preparation of students. Part-time study is supported by a number of study materials in electronic format for independent work of students and distance learning.
A successful graduate is able to
- to master the spoken and written language at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- use basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in phonetics and phonology, orthography, morphology, lexicology, vocabulary, syntax and stylistics of Russian
- develop their knowledge of Russian history, culture and Russian culture, to build on its current views and compare them with domestic and world development
- understand the cultural peculiarities and to accept them in contact with each other
- insert knowledge of Russian literature in to the general conception of European and world literature
- use a combination of different methods and forms of teaching, including modern methods and modern information technologies
- apply basic specifics of working with pupils with special educational needs in Russian language teaching
Graduates have basic specialized education with a field-didactic component and are ready for the follow-up Master's degree in Teaching of the Russian language and literature.
The graduate can work as a teaching assistant, and also may work as a language instructor in free-time centres, summer camps with language teaching, as well as a language animator in kindergartens as a teaching assistant or an employee in after-school clubs and other free-time groups. They can also find work as an instructor in the unspecialized teaching of adults (eg. in company courses).
|Faculty||Faculty of Education|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Russian Language for Education
Combinations with fields of
The applicants will take the Learning Potential Test (in Czech language!) http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium/test-studijnich-predpokladu.
Conditions and criteria for admission to studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Education, MU are made public on the PdF website http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium.
Department website: http://katedry.ped.muni.cz/rustina.
Department on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rustinapdfmu/.