Secondary School Teacher Training in Music
The programme aims to prepare teachers for primary and secondary schools in music education (with a combination of two subjects) as a part of the subjects within aesthetic education. The programme provides students with broad-based knowledge and skills based on the field of music education and didactics, pedagogical and psychological disciplines with the support of current research findings, skills of reflection on the teaching process at the appropriate types and levels of schools, the skill of self-reflection in the teacher's role and acceptance of moral obligations and ethics of teaching.
The objectives of the study are to prepare graduates for the profession of music teachers in primary and secondary schools, to develop their basic attitudes and values so that they become active, responsible and independent members of their professional group, which works in aesthetic education.
A successful graduate is able to
- exercise the profession of music teacher in primary and secondary schools competently
- base his/her professional conduct on a well strucured base of knowledge and skills in the field of music education
- develop professional knowledge and skills based on an interdisciplinary perspective of related disciplines
- develop basic attitudes and values in general and musical aesthetics in an effort to form the value orientation of young people
- reflexively and critically think and act as a professionalist in music education.
The graduates are fully qualified to work as music teachers in primary and secondary schools and at the appropriate levels of grammar schools. Moreover, they are qualified to work in extracurricular (e.g. free-time) institutions.
|Faculty||Faculty of Education|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Secondary School Teacher Training in Music
Combinations with fields of Faculty of Education
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education
Faculty of Science
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics
EXAMINATION ON MUSIC
Applicants will take a test on music, detailed information here (Czech only).
Conditions and criteria for admission to studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Education, MU are made public on the PdF website http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium.
Website of the Department of Music: