The aim of the Biophysical Chemistry Master Program (N BFCH) is to provide students with detailed physicochemical view on biological systems and processes. N BFCH learning blocks focus on advanced knowledge in the field and systematically follow-up on basic information acquired in undergraduate program. Emphasis is placed on deepening knowledge in both theoretical and experimental research methods of biological systems, reflecting the relationship between structure and function of biomolecules.
A successful graduate is able to
- understand the physico-chemical nature of biological processes in wide context;
- master modern methods of research at the borderline of physics, chemistry and biology
- design and study of new molecules with specific physico-chemical properties;
- aply new biophysical approaches in both research and practice (biotechnology, biomedicine);
- present and interpret research results in both native and English languages;
Graduates in Biophysical Chemistry will find a wide range of carrier possibilities not only in chemical laboratories focused on basic research, but also in developmental and operational laboratories linked to health care, pharmacy and food. Best alumni will be ready for solving research tasks within doctoral studies of Physical or Structural chemistry focused on biological systems.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Biophysical Chemisty
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
Written exam on the bachelor exam level (only in Czech).
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance exam.
Link to a website: http://www.sci.muni.cz/~labifel/