Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics
This study programme's aim is to educate qualified teachers for secondary schooling. The programme is a part of a two-subject future teachers' study and the graduates obtain a professional qualification to teach physics and the second subject in secondary schools. The study gives education both in physics and in special didactic-methodical subjects, and through courses in pedagogy and psychology the graduate is fully qualified to work with young people. Practical teaching experience is obtained through obligatory pedagogical training at secondary schools supervised by highly experienced secondary school teachers.
A successful graduate is able to
- teach physics at secondary grammar schools
- carry out physical experiments, mainly as a complement to school demonstrations, and laboratory experiments
- describe properly an experiment within the educational process and analyse experimental results
- identify and solve physical problems in various areas
- view individual aspects of physics in their historical, social and environmental context
- use physical information sources and find relevant information
- choose proper didactic tools in order to communicate physical concepts and theories to make educational process the most effective
- choose proper methods to test and evaluate educational progress
- use didactic facilities and stay in touch with new trends of this equipment
- formulate acquired knowledge comprehensibly and orderly, bearing in mind the type of the audience
Graduates are fully qualified as teachers of physics for all types of secondary and elementary schools. They have practical experience with teaching physics at secondary schools and basic knowledge about managing these types of schools. A combination of these abilities gives them an opportunity to get other jobs where precise thinking, responsible data evaluation and a communicative skill are needed (basic and applied research, universities, work with youth, popularization of science, publishing, etc.).
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics
Combinations with fields of Faculty of Science
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Biology
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Lower and Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physical Education
Written test on the level of bachelor state exam (only in Czech).
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance test.