The standard Bachelor’s degree programme in Biochemistry is designed for students who intend to continue directly with a Master’s degree programme. The programme provides a general education in biochemistry, which is necessary for further studies. However, students receive basic knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology as well. The goal of this study programme is to provide undergraduates with a theoretical basis in all chemistry and biological disciplines, especially with the goal of preparing them for the follow-up Master's degree programme in Biochemistry.
A successful graduate is able to
- design and carry out experiments in basic biochemistry disciplines
- apply modern biochemical methods to solve problems in basic biochemistry disciplines
- apply their basic mathematical and statistical skills to the evaluation of the performed experiments
- elaborate the results of their experiments in professional publications – protocols, theses, articles, etc.
- apply their language skills, especially in the English language, to the study of the literature and the result evaluation to the above mentioned forms
It is assumed that most of graduates of the general study programme will continue with one of the consecutive Master's study programmes, especially in Biochemistry, Analytical Biochemistry, Biomolecular Chemistry or Genomics and Proteomics.
Graduates can work as qualified help in research and development. They can work in chemical, food, agriculture and pharmaceutical laboratories specializing in biotechnology and research.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Biochemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode