Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry
The goal of the study is to prepare graduates with deep knowledge and skills for teaching chemistry at all types of high schools. The study programme provides advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in chemistry, as well as solid foundations in pedagogy and psychology, chemistry didactics and a long-term practical training at high schools under the supervision of experienced high school teachers.
A successful graduate is able to
- carry out chemical experiments and analyse experimental results
- use chemical information sources to find relevant information
- identify and solve chemical problems in various areas of science and production
- safely handle chemical compounds and explain and supervise their usage among chemists and non-chemists
- perceive historical, social and environmental aspects of chemical research and production
- propose proper didactic tools in order to communicate chemical concepts and theories to non-chemists
- choose proper methods to test and evaluate the educational progress
- possess proficiency in written and verbal presentation and communication skills
Graduates are fully qualified as chemistry teachers for all types of secondary schools.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry
Combinations with fields of
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Biology
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Geography and Cartography
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics
Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Physics
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
Written exam on the bachelor exam level (only in Czech).
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance test.