The programme prepares university graduates who have acquired general qualifications in chemical disciplines and advanced knowledge in their specialisations. The programme graduates are able to formulate and solve particular problems in an independent and creative way. They are qualified for basic and applied research, for managerial professions and for all spheres where both theoretical and practical knowledge of chemistry is required.
A successful graduate is able to
- solve independently selected issues in research projects in enzymology, bioenergetics, biotechnology, applied microbiology, clinical biochemistry, protection of the environment and other branches
- design and carry out experiments in the above mentioned specializations
- apply modern biochemical methods to solve problems in the above mentioned specializations
- apply advanced statistical skills for the evaluation of performed experiments
- process the results of their experiments into professional publications – protocols, theses, articles, etc.
- apply their language skills, especially in the English language, to the study of literature and the result evaluation to the above mentioned forms
Graduates can find jobs in laboratories of research departments and universities, clinical and control laboratories, diagnostic laboratories in health care, pharmaceutical laboratories and in biochemistry industry. Part of graduates can follow up with a PhD study. After some lectures of economy and marketing graduates can be medical and biotechnological representatives. They will be qualified for leadership positions in scientific research and development at private firms and bio-chemical laboratories at a broad range of institutions. The professional specialization of the majority of graduates is also compatible with further work in the field of environmental protection and with environmental movements and initiatives.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech, english|
Field combinations with Biochemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
Written test on the level of bachelor exam. (only in Czech)
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance test.