Geology combined with Archaeology
The specialized joint-degree study programme of Geology Combined with Archaeology is focused on educating interdisciplinary experts who can choose potential specializations in geology or archaeology in the follow-up Master's study programmes.
Graduates are able to demonstrate solid general knowledge of geological sciences, especially general geology, palaeontology, mineralogy, historic geology, petrology and regional geology. They get familiar with basic issues of non-living materials, research methodology and geological history (especially the youngest periods) of Earth. In the archaeological part they gain knowledge of material culture sources of prehistoric and middle-age settlement of central Europe (especially Moravia). Graduates get also familiar with geological and archaeological methods of landscape research, its documentation including documentation of archaeological artifacts.
A successful graduate is able to
- explain and use principal geological terminology
- recognise principal minerals, rocks, fossils used in prehistory
- use geological research methods including geological documentation of archaeological localities, sampling, data processing etc
- solve independently particular archaeological issues using geological methods, interpret results of the research and present the information in written and oral form
- independently study scientific literature written in Czech and foreign languages
- utillise common methods of landscape and laboratory practice and use PC for data processing
- present results of the analyses of landscape and laboratory data in written and oral form
Graduates can find employment in institutes of geological and archaeological research, at universities, cultural institutions, institutions dealing with the protection of the environment and in state administration.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Geology combined with Archaeology
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Arts
Learning Potential Test (Czech only)
Succes in TSP is not based on study of literature. Last tests are available on http://www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp
Result of Learning Potential Test