The study programme of Geography provides the basic theoretical and practical knowledge of geography and cartography to the students, allowing them a gradual specialization in their studies. During the first year of studies, students will obtain basic theoretical and practical knowledge and skills of particular geographical disciplines, and necessary knowledge of selected ancillary subjects. From the second year of studies, students can specialize by choosing selective and elective lectures within 2 specializations: Physical Geography and Human Geography. Having passed their Bachelor's degree examinations, students can continue in the follow-up Master's degree programme according to their specializations.
A successful graduate is able to
- use map and literature, perform efficient field work and compile documents
- communicate with people in the work environment, actively use professional terminology in foreign language
- effectively apply statistical methods, computers and information technologies (including Geographic Information Systems GIS and geoinformatics) for the analysis of geographical reality
- analyse and synthesize individual components of cultural landscape (physical-geographical and human-social-geographical)
- formulate basic problems in the interaction of the system of natural environment - human society in selected regions and time scales
- critically evaluate knowledge related to the phenomena, processes and interrelations in cultural landscape and human society
- solve particular problems independently, lead such working (research) teams, organise communication with a non- geographical community
- connect their activities with the activites of professionals from related fields who deal with environment, cultural landscape and human society
- adapt their work to changing needs of society and practice
The graduates are qualified for basic and applied research, for managerial professions, and for all spheres where both theoretical and practical knowledge of Geography is required.
The graduates of this study programme will obtain basic geographical knowledge in physical and human geography, methods and techniques of geographical data analysis including GIS, and methods of cartographic presentation of data, which allow them the direct participation in practice without the need for any follow-up education or retraining.
The graduates will have general knowledge of geographical disciplines and skills to formulate and solve problems. The graduates of this study programme can solve certain easier types of practical geographical tasks.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Geography
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
a) TSP or
b) Special Test or
c) TSP and Special Test
Succes in TSP is not based on study of literature. Last test are available on http://www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp For passing the special test it is enough to have knowledges and skills on the level of grammar school lessons.
Result of TSP or Special Test
Further detailed information related to the studies in this degree programme can be found in the course catalogue for a given school year or on the website of the Department of Geography: http://geogr.muni.cz/bakalarske-studium.